Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Beach Treasures


I recently took a trip to the beach with some friends for my birthday. We had a wonderful and while I was there I collected some shells to remember the special occasion. 
When I came home I made a jar to fill with all my beach treasures. 



I took an old Jelly jar and...

 painted the lid and tied some lace around the top (because everything looks better with lace). 



Finally, I hot glued a sand dollar to the lid to add a beachy touch.



As you can see I didn't fill that jar completely...that is because I am looking forward to many more beach adventures to come.

Here are a few Pinterest beach jars for a few extra ideas :)

Add some sand
 Beach jar

Sort shells, star fish, and sand dollars into different jars.

michael+graydon+photographs.jpg+327×400+pixels


Put a picture behind.

"My Own Personal Beach" - Jar of seashells and sand from every beach you've been to with a memory


Add a candle for a table centerpiece.

Beach jars


If you liked this post I would love to hear about it! :)

~Haleigh








3 comments:

Coach Judy said...

I really like the sand dollar on the lid!

Ana Love Craft said...

Adorable!!! Love this ideas!Thanks so much for sharing! Would love to have you visit my blog sometime.
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Ginger Girl said...

I love it soooooooo cute and a really good Idea about putting the sand dollar on top, I remember doing something like this but it didn't look as cute as your beach jar so I got rid of it:(
Thanks for sharing your Ideas!
Keep posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hair Stylist:)






Post a Comment

Popular Posts