Wednesday, July 31, 2013

DIY Vintage Teal Mason Jars

                         


 I have always LOVED those old teal mason jars that you find at vintage flea markets and shops. However they are usually super expensive and hard to find. This week my aunt and I decided to create some of our own and they turned out wonderful.   

We went to Michael's and bought the Americana transparent glass paint.


Next we painted the jars with a paint 
brush and set them aside to dry for 4 days.
After the 4 days we put them in the oven at 275 F for 30 min 
( following the directions on the back of the paint).
After they are baked let them cool completely.


I wanted to show you the difference between an authentic teal jar and my own.

On the left is the authentic jar/On the right is my DIY jar
Pretty impressive eh?


Stick some flowers in it and you are done!
If you liked this tutorial stay tuned for my Coffee Filter Peonies shown in the photos below.



I hope your summer has been filled with blessings.
If you don't already follow Simply Shabby I would love to have you! :)
~ Haleigh




4 comments:

Ginger Girl said...

Very cute! Haleigh your homemade jar looked identical to the store bought one.
And yes I'm defiantly staying tuned for the Coffee Filter Peonies so pretty, Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
Good post.
Hair Stylist:)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

I love your sweet mason jar and wow it is really very easy and you get some FAB results! Thank you so much for sharing and I know I am going to be making some really soon! Hugs! I am sharing it today on Junkin Joe!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Haleigh! What a great idea. I didn't even know they had glass paint. I learn something new every day in blogging! ♥

(I'm here via the Cottage Market.)

farmhouse-story said...

adorable cute!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts